[Ark] Christmas Event 2018-12-05!

This board is used to announce things with DHTA which may affect our non-members as well, such as maintenance, outages, or special events on our Ark servers.
Sephiroth
Site Admin

[Ark] Christmas Event 2018-12-05!

Post by Sephiroth » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:53 am

Services Affected: Ark Island Server
Date: 2018-12-05 through 2019-01-01
Time: All Month
Reason: The Christmas season is upon us! Even if we do not get an event from Wildcard in time, we are running an event on our servers! All month long taming, hatching, and maturation rates are ten times the normal rate! In addition, baby food consumption is one-tenth the normal rate! We are also planning some competitions with rewards so stay tuned here for those announcements as well.
"Impossible is just a word to let people feel good about themselves when they quit."
-Vyse, Skies of Arcadia

Sephiroth
Site Admin

Re: [Ark] Christmas Event 2018-12-05!

Post by Sephiroth » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:56 pm

The first event will be a building contest. The player who creates the most realistic personal house/getaway both inside and out will win one of the first two rexes I tamed. The rex was 150 in the wild and I perfect-tamed it to 224 and leveled it myself. It currently has a bit over 15k HP, 1.68k stamina, 880 weight, and 727.7% damage. It isn't a boss-fight rex, but it will take on any wild rex or even a few at the same time, with ease. Just don't confuse a giga for a rex, or you may be sorry!

I will check out the structures at the end of the month or within the first week of January 2019. Get building!
"Impossible is just a word to let people feel good about themselves when they quit."
-Vyse, Skies of Arcadia

Sephiroth
Site Admin

Post by Sephiroth » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:35 am

OK, I have settled on rewards for the best dinos! These will be listed below. The items will be of mastercraft or ascendant quality.
  • Best Raptor - Revolver
  • Best Carno - Longneck
  • Best Yutyrranus - Primitive Shotgun
  • Best Allo - Fabricated Pistol
  • Best Rex - Pump-Action Shotgun
  • Best Giga - Fabricated Sniper
Since these are all damage dinos used for mass-murder, to be considered the best I will need them at whatever level they tamed at, not leveled up! Health and damage are king on these dinos since that is all that they need to do their jobs. A rex with high food and low damage will not be a winner, for example.

Tamed level and stats will determine the best of each type. A perfect-tamed 150 will be 224 with no levels added and will be weighted more than a 120 perfect-tamed to 179 with no levels added. Saddles won't be evaluated. Only stats and how well it was tamed. Good luck, survivors!
-Vyse, Skies of Arcadia

Sephiroth
Site Admin

Post by Sephiroth » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:43 am

Taming rates have been returned to normal for a while now and I will be announcing the winners of the house building contest later today or tomorrow, depending on my schedule. After winners have been announced the top winner will receive the rex the next time we're on at the same time.
-Vyse, Skies of Arcadia

Sephiroth
Site Admin

Post by Sephiroth » Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:15 pm

OK, it's time to announce the winners of the house building contest! I have decided to go with three categories and three rewards. This is mainly due to me needing space for bred dinos and no longer having need of my original three perfect-tamed breeders, but that just means more chances to win!

I am doing three different rewards. Most unique, most authentic, and my personal favorite. Each house can only win once, so three people will receive rewards. Judging for all houses will include common factors such as wall, floor, and ceiling alignment, gaps, lighting, terrain collision and usage, and scenery in and/or around the home.

Most Authentic: Adino for his ranger's cabin from The Ranger's Apprentice
Most Unique: Flagship Amagi for his C-shaped design with large 1.5 story interior
Personal Favorite: Ghostsnake for his small manor with greenhouse and scenic overlook
-Vyse, Skies of Arcadia