[All Services] Possible downtime 2019-09-05 until unknown

This board is used to announce things with DHTA which may affect our non-members as well, such as maintenance, outages, or special events on our Ark servers.
Sephiroth
Site Admin

[All Services] Possible downtime 2019-09-05 until unknown

Post by Sephiroth » Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:23 pm

Services Affected: All services except website
Date: 2019-09-05
Time: 1200 US/EDT to Unknown
Reason: Hurricane is passing by. My area may get some wind and we are expecting about eight inches of rainfall. While I am faithful that our infrastructure should be OK, the idiots who want to ride around in the crap will likely take down services when they slam into power stations, poles, and other things. This site should remain up as it is hosted most graciously by my friend in Texas.
"Impossible is just a word to let people feel good about themselves when they quit."
-Vyse, Skies of Arcadia

Sephiroth
Site Admin

Re: [All Services] Possible downtime 2019-09-05 until unknown

Post by Sephiroth » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:21 am

The storm has passed. When I got up at 0630hrs this morning there wasn't even standing water on my lawn. Everything here is fairly damp, but no damage. No trees down and the main mess are leaves and pine needles in certain areas of the city. We did experience a brief outage last night when the power went out for a few minutes, but other than that we are golden. Please keep the people along the coasts of NC and SC in your thoughts and prayers, they got hit hard.
"Impossible is just a word to let people feel good about themselves when they quit."
-Vyse, Skies of Arcadia